January 26, 2008

Lets do the Mambo Shuffle















I woke up today with the sole goal of going to do a 9-mile run with the running group I have been running with as of late. The plan was to head from a common meeting local, run downtown to the starting line of the Mardi Gras Mambo 10k, run with the competitors for 3 miles and loop in. My friend Brennan was running the whole race and I told him I would help pace him through the first three miles or so. Well I ended up running the whole thing with him, pacing him to a 3rd place finish in the 20-24 age group at around 39 minutes for the 10 (6:18 pace for you per mile fans). I felt really good, Brennan was a little stiff but it was a cool moist morning, so perfect for running. Field was fairly stacked for "The Rouge" as the winning time came in at around 31 minutes or so (sub 5-5:00 minute pace),pretty impressive and not a bad way to make $500.

Oh yea...Maria (the Hot Russian) Sharapova won the woman's Australian Open. :-)

No comments: