February 24, 2008

Sunday Travel Section

Blog Update:
With my travels this past weekend I was unable to post till today. You can find the following days here:
Wednesday (2/20)
Thursday (2/21)
Friday (2/22)
Saturday (2/23)
As usual, all comments are greatly welcomed and I thank you all for your continued readership and support. If any of you find something that you would love me to share, just drop me a line at
zachawii@gmail.com.

Weekend Recap!
This weekend I spent my time bouncing around between Indiana and Ohio. Rachel lives near the border so we were running illegal moonshine across the border. Oh...wait, no we didn't! Ha It was good to get back to the area where I spent a little bit of my life. Grad school was a great time and I miss being an active Redhawk, but like all things, life moves on.

The change in what I'm accustomed to (weather wise) has been about as drastic as it can be. As I mentioned previously, when I left "The Rouge" on Thursday, it was 70 degrees (F) and 20 degrees (F) when I arrived in Indy. The temp was never above freezing while I was there, which made me CONSTANTLY cold! But I got a good refresher course on driving in wonderful wintry conditions of freezing rain and snow! The best was coming back to "The Rouge" today and the ground crews were in shorts and penny loafers! Southern suck, but the winters are a nice break sometimes!

Finally, its the Sunday ritual of my weekend quest to expand my new found joy in photography. On Saturday, Rachel and I journeyed to Oldenberg, IN, also known as the Village of Spires. It is a quaint and neat little two with a homey feel to it. The best part, for me at least, was finding the painted fire hydrants that are spread around town. After finding as many as we could in the cold, I came to the conclusion that all fire hydrants should be painted something unique...the red ones are just so, well, red! More photos here.
Cheers

No comments: