May 16, 2008

Playin Uncle

Today, while working from home (perks of the job) I got to play uncle! Its rare that I get to see my nephew and niece so I was happy to play as long as they wanted me to. Though I do not look good playing dress up, we did have a blast :-)

It got fairly warm so we, including grandpa, decided to play with water balloons! I, being the one to want to get the action shots, decided pulling out the camera was the best thing to do, as everyone should do around young kids throwing water filled devices! Jadynn decided it would be funny to soak Uncle Zachawii's foot with a water balloon as I was trying to capture the Kodak moment.

Kasey (the youngin) first thought that these things were the grosses, most hideous form he had ever seen. He would not throw it, but only hold onto the end of the water balloon like it was toxic. After we made him realize that when you throw them they will pop and burst, did he realize the amazingness of the water balloon. After that, it was all down hill. We ended the day by throwing a Frisbee and chasing them down. Basically it was my excuse to run them into the ground so they slept good that night. Being an Uncle is great!

No comments: