June 28, 2008

The Twisties

For the final leg of my trip to DC I decided I wanted to put Calie into her designed elements...twisting roads. There are not many twisting roads in Louisiana, as there just are not that many mountains...ha! The route would take me up the final stretch of the Blue Ridge Pkwy and then up the entire spine of the Shenandoah National Park portion of Skyline drive, which can be seen here.

I will say that I never have had so much fun driving in a car on twisting roads. Absolutely amazing views and even better driving! Calie handled like a champ and I have a much better understanding of what she can do in her stock settings. So for her efforts, she gets a few of her poses in the blog for the day. We did pass seven other MINI's on the drive. British Racing Green was the color of the day, followed by a blue, Chili Red, and a Pepper White. Got some good friendly waves as well!

Oh, and I did make it to the DC area in one piece and noooo tickets...woot!

Ah...Topography!
Skyline Drive

3000' of Elevation...I'm winded
Skyline Drive

Another wonderful view...
Skyline Drive

Locals admiring the wonder drivers passing by...
Some local wildlife on Skyline

No comments: