January 13, 2008

Its all about oil

One thing you will find about this blog (and me) is that the country of Dominica is dear to my heart. Eventually I will post an entire entry just about some of my experiences on the island. In a way I wish I would have wrote or started a blog about it when I was there three times over the course of a year in 2006. So look forward to reading about that.

If you want a crash course on Dominica look here. Earlier this year, the Around the World for Free team stopped by the island for a longer than expected stay and did some amazing stuff. Defiantly worth the look and you can see some of the beauty of Dominica. Check out Alex's trek around the world, definitely and amazing adventure this guy is on. He was in Dominica on days 20 -29, check it out!!!

Today I discovered that Venezuela is likely to build an oil refinery on the "Nature Island of the Caribbean." This does go both ways and I feel that the government of Dominica is as much to blame as Chavez is. You can not blame the people to want jobs and economic prosperity, but so much revenue and image is tied to the nature and beauty of Dominica. Its what the tourists come for. Its just a shame to see this happening, but what position am I to say what is right and wrong for the people of a nation? Check out some of the Dominica blogs on my main page, they are pretty interesting and give some good insight island life.

Tomorrow, back to the grind....

No comments: