January 2, 2008

Leavin on a Jet Plane

So today I departed Kansas to head back to Baton Rouge. Rachel and I had the first leg of our journey's back to our respective homes together on the same flight. It was on this flight that I decided I was going to be crazy and basically I want to keep a "odometer" of all the miles that I travel this year. Crazy, yes, but with the help of Google maps, my car and bikes odometer and whatever the airlines give me for my flight distances, I believe I will be able to track roughly how far I travel (minus trivial walking, say at a mall, though this is probably possible) in this upcoming year. I will do monthly totals at the end of each month, possibly with a breakdown of how far I traveled in each journey. So starting with yesterday (January 1) I will kick off this crazy! new experiment!
Otherwise the flights went good, got stuck up against the window on the last leg. Gotta love drunk southern "gents" as they try to spread as wide as possible. Thank YOU!! economy seating.

No comments: