March 15, 2008

FCA Run

FCA Coaches Appreciation Run
I decided to run a low key meet up in Denham Springs today to just get out and stretch the legs and notch another race. I did not know what to expect as I have been battling a little bit of a stomach flu, which does not equal a great time when running. The parents showed up at around 3 a.m. this morning for the weekend, glad they made it safe. Showed up at the race and I knew it was going to be a low key race. Warmed up, felt OK, not great, and got ready for the start. First mile felt great, then it was down here from there. I don't think I'll post my time as it was a huge letdown after running so well last weekend. Placed 2nd overall, but again it was a low key meet. In the end, I came away with a disappointed performance, a blown out shoe, and a great appreciation for all those road races that are put on in a great orderly fashion. This one lacked a little bit of organization and though consideration, but it was a good time nonetheless. One event down for the weekend, only a few more to go!

No comments: