June 9, 2008

Calie's Sunglasses are having problems...

I got Calie (the MINI) tinted about a month or so ago and was loving the tint. At around the two week mark I noticed that the sunroof started to peel a bit around the black dot-matrix (most every car has this stuff) and is not uncommon with tints. I also noticed that along the top of the passenger and driver side windows were developing small bubbles.

I took the car back to the tinters and asked about what could be done about the sunroof and the small bubbles in the windows. They said "sure, no problem, a little heat gun action and you'll be good to go." I was excited, scheduled the day and time, and drove off. Delivered the car today and when I returned, I was utterly disappointed.

They ended up retinting my passenger window and did not tell me. I about rolled the window down (a no-no with a new tint) but noticed it just in time. Checked the sunroof and it was WORSE than what it was before (see top picture). To top it off, they BURNDED my sunscreen! I returned the car and asked to speak with the manager. Got it straightened out and HOPEFULLY the third time will be the charm...

No comments: