June 14, 2008

Oilin the Leeve with fruit

A good way to start your morning is a good brisk run. Some will say that sweating out your impurities is the best way to go. I got both this morning when the Varsity Sports gang headed downtown here in "The Rouge" and boy was it hot. We did a 5 mile run down the new bike path that runs from downtown to LSU. Goal was to run faster on the way back than on the way out. Made it...barely...

If you're ever in "The Rouge" I highly recommend hitting up the farmers market that happens every Saturday morning during the growing season. Its got fresh fruits, vegetables and countless plants. Good stuff!

Finally, I performed the first oil change on Calie. MINI is supposed to cover all fluid changes for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. But here is the gotcha, that equates to really only about three free changes if you are lucky. The first, yes FIRST, oil change is supposed to be at 15,000 miles or 1 year, which ever comes first. I decided that I did not like that policy and decided I would just change it my self till I reach my first 'official' change. It was easy, fun and started raining JUST as completed the job. Good day all in all!

Oil Change

No comments: